- Name the risk areas identified by the OIG in regard to the hospice’s use of GIP
- Identify the criteria that determines when to use GIP versus CC
- Name 2 Medicare criteria for a GIP admission
- Describe the necessary discharge planning process for the General Inpatient stay
- Evaluate current agency practices that may need to be revised in light of today’s session
Holly Swiger, PhD, MPH, PHN, RN
Dr. Swiger is the owner and principal consultant for Stellar Concepts, Inc. Holly’s 30 plus years of expertise in end-of-life care & hospice services, allows her to assist hospice programs towards compliant, high quality, operational excellence.
Holly is also the Director of Education for the California Hospice and Palliative Care Association where she is responsible for educational program development for association members in California and Nevada.
Holly has served on the boards of the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization, California Association for Health Services at Home, and the California Hospice and Palliative Care Association. Holly is a registered nurse, who holds a Master’s degree in Public Health and a Doctorate in Human Science. She is the recipient of the Pierre Salmon Award for her outstanding contribution to the advancement of hospice care in California.
This webinar is available to Enclara Pharmacia clients only. To view pre-recorded webinars:
HP Legacy Portal: Log in to the client portal and go to “Clinical Tools” → “Education” → “Webinar Playback”. Select the webinar from the list.
Enclara Legacy Portal: Select a webinar listed under the subheading “Education and Enclara Orientation” from the Enclara client portal.
This educational session is for informational purposes only – CEs are not provided.